Mindfulness, Leadership and the Art of the Micro-Practice
“You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily.
The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.”
– John C. Maxwell –
In this episode of the Leading in the Light™ Podcast I had the pleasure of speaking with good friend and corporate leadership consultant, Taruni Falconer about how we can begin to embody a mindful approach to change, transformation and habits.
For several decades Taruni has been an educator, executive leadership coach, meditation teacher and expert in inter-cultural dynamics, where she has worked extensively across a number of continents bringing her own unique style and flavour of personal leadership and facilitation to help managers and leaders thrive.
Together we speak about the evolution of mindfulness and meditation approaches for expanding awareness, intuition, and insight. And we also delved into the intriguing area of ‘habit change’ and how we can all begin to create ‘micro-practices’ that engage the mind, body and spirit and that work cohesively to create transformational change from the inside out.
Taruni is a business coach, presenter, and facilitator with a rich background in intercultural communication and leadership skills. Clients know her first and foremost as a coach and facilitator. She facilitates trainings, meetings, and complex processes, and give participants the skills to continue that work themselves. Most importantly, she facilitates changes and deep shifts for individuals and teams.
To facilitate means to make things easier, and that is what she does. She makes it easier for individuals and teams to work through complex issues. Her presentations are informed by current leadership, cross-cultural and diversity research as well as three decades as a practitioner.
In this conversation we talk about:
- Mindfulness approaches to self-leadership and self-management
- The art of the micro-practice in habit change
- Personal leadership as a vehicle for transformation
- How to lead yourself – while leading others
- Why its important to engage conscious practices in everyday life
- The key elements of sustainable behavioural change
- How to step into ambiguity and hold your energy and presence
- How to engage deeper levels of uncertainty and vulnerability
- Ways that we can all begin to embrace greater courage in our lives
- The essence of heart and head coherence
- Accessing your fastest path to inspiration
- How intelligence flows through our whole body