The Three Essential Shifts That Will Reshape Your World
We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think.
When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
In this week’s podcast I have the pleasure of speaking with positive psychologist, author and speaker Tess Howells from Thrive Positive Psychology on what it really takes to create lasting change in our lives.
Tess has been at the forefront of a new movement towards a complete and holistic approach to mental health and positive psychology for over 20 years. She’s a practicing psychologist who’s held a long-term interest in the science of happiness, neuroscience, ethics, and nutritional and environmental medicine and is the founder of Thrive Positive Psychology.
Tess has worked extensively across Australia within the public, private, not-for-profit and community sectors, where she has often found herself in situations where she was responsible for helping people and organisations deal with their “problems”. Several years ago she was greatly inspired by the work of Dr Martin Seligman, and the new approach for psychology that focuses on the factors that contribute to living our lives well, rather than focusing on problems.
Like to know how to create a happier and more fulfilling life?
In 2014 Tess published her book Change Your Thinking – Change Your World: Proven techniques for finding happiness and meaning in your life, which brings together the best evidence based research in the area of positive psychology, neuroscience, ethics, spirituality, epigenetics and nutritional and environmental medicine to help more people get back in control of their lives and find greater meaning and purpose.
In this conversation we talk about:
- How to positively change your thinking and create greater happiness and fulfillment in life
- The three key shifts that are essential to create lasting change and transformation
- Why gratitude is essential to enabling more joy to enter your life
- How meditation can be used to create greater levels of peace, happiness and flow
- The scale of human emotions and how shifting your focus can change your energy
- How the new fields of quantum physics and epigentics are redefining our lives
- Why everyone can change their thinking and recreate their world